Sunday, August 28, 2011

Holy Sunday!

I debated with myself to think if I wanted to go to church or not. Did I want to be heckled about being 19 and being where I was, or did I want to be an outcast that I would be if I didn't go to my ward. I thought, they don't know me, it's a new start and if all else fails I can fake that I'm an RM. It turned out to be really good. I carpooled with John there in his brand new Suzuki. I kinda just used him as my wingman the whole time, cause I didn't know anybody else. Nobody did. That was the beauty of it. The sacrament was a kinda testimony meeting where we could say something about our lives announce our favorite hymn then sign one verse of it. We carried on the good feeling with sunday school where I got my papers transferred over. Next was elder's quorum. That's where I began to not fit in. Good thing it was the last class! Almost everyone that shared during the lesson gave an experience from the field. Of course I didn't share. I just sat and enjoyed. After church I took a little 4 hour nap. :)
That brings us to the present. I guess they have a ward prayer every sunday night at 9 but now I'm debating that. I really don't have anything to prep for tomorrow, but I feel I should just stay home. So excited for my first day tho. I'm starting to enjoy saying hi to strangers like it's no big deal. Today I met a girl named Lexi, she's a Nursing major with a minor in music. Pretty fine, but she's the only name I could remember from the day of personal introductions.
Fam, love ya, hope is everything is well and FaceTime me when you get done reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment