Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Delight

This post is going to cover three days, but it's going to be good, I promise. To start we go all the way back to friday. (Cue Rebecca Black... Now!) I had a general plan of what I was going to do that day so I showered and everything. I had to go to the bookstore to make sure the book I was buying online was correct and sign up for beginners classes at Crossfit so I can work out like normal. I just got out of the shower when Rilee Synder, a old friend I just happened to bump into at Walmart. I had told her then that I might go to the lake with her in a couple of days. Who knew it would come so soon! Well the message politely reminded me of my maybe engagement. This was that moment where I could take advantage of living independently, or I could continue down the lame path preparing for the college life ahead. I ceased the moment and took off as fast as I could. We met near the Mona offramp. From there she warned me about the sailor-mouthed family members that were already at the desolate lake. But I continued on without worry. I knew if they were anything like her I would be totally fine.
To my surprise she wasn't kidding. We were going out to have some hillbilly fun. Although the external appearance of the two where far from sightly I could tell that they were good people. Well soled.... It was Rilee's dad, a guy that looked like he knew he could get down and dirty, his face was graved with whiskers here and there like it's taken 40 years of sun and dirt. He brought a friend from Salt Lake with him. I still don't know his name, but he was a big boy that loved to rap. Although there was an F bomb randomly thrown in every couple of sentences it ended up being pretty funny. I think I was enjoying it because it was making up for being around RMs all week. The crew brought two unregistered Wave Runners with them. It didn't take long for them to offer me a turn. With a quick lesson I was off like a little boy with a new toy. The lake was so calm that day that it was like god's mirror for the heavens. So beautiful. A little overcast, but what desert man doesn't love some clouds? Rilee was enjoying time with her dad as she learned how to kneeboard. I took the opportunity to simply sit in the middle of the lake and just soak in the sight before me. The sounds of the tracker from the lavender farm, the mammoth trees just off the end of shore, the slight gulp of the fishes below me grabbing some oxygen. It was just like someone painted me a picture for me to enjoy. I turned off the engine and stared and my surroundings then took a nap to the comfortable rocking of the waves. After a couple minutes of silence from the normal bantering sound of Rilee and her father I raced back to the bay to show I wasn't lost. By this time Rilee was already on the other side of the lake. Crap. I took off after her to reassure her of my safety which lead to a couple tricks here and there on our way back.
By the time we got back the overcast turned into a windy storm disrupting the calmness of the lake. And on that cue alone we left for home.
Rilee and I met back up later that night for a little movie night at her house. Unknown is a sick movie by the way. It was a perfect ending to a perfect day. I slowly fell asleep texting Kiersten about her day and thanking Rilee for her time.

No comments:

Post a Comment